Potatoes in Green Coriander Masala | Sai Mashale Mein Patata | Hara Dhania Aloo Ki Sabzi
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking Time:25 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Potatoes in Green Coriander Paste Sabzi is a Sindhi recipe packed with flavors of coriander and garlic. It is rich in minerals and vitamins and can be cooked with very basic spices. You can view Green Coriander Masala Paste Recipe.
This sabzi can be made as a dry dish or with gravy to be had with Sindhi style khichdi. It is fondly prepared during Sindhi festivals of Satayein/Satain when it is customary to consume food cooked the previous day.
Generally, lady fingers (bhindi) is also added in this Potato In Green Coriander Masala Sabzi. Weightwatchers can tweek this recipe by boiling the roundels instead of shallow frying and then adding to the sauted green masala paste
3 small potatoes peeled and cut into roundels
- ½ cup of coriander masala paste
- ½ cup tomato puree or 1 medium size finely chopped tomatoes
- 1-2 green finely chopped green chilies (optional)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp oil and more for shallow frying
- 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
Prepare coriander masala paste as shown in an earlier video on coriander masala paste
- Organise ingredients.
- Shallow fry the potato roundels till half done.
- Remove from the oil.
- Drain any excess oil keeping 3 tbsp oil in the kadai.
- Add the coriander paste and tomato puree.
- Saute till water dries up.
- Except garam masala add all the dry spices.
- Saute nicely
- Add the potato roundels
- Saute for a minute
- Add half cup water.
- Sprinkle garam masala.
- Simmer on low flame till potatoes are cooked.
- This is a thick gravy dish
- You can make it in curry style to have with rice or khichdi
- Along with potatoes any other vegetable can be added if desired.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. Your feedback and comment is much appreciated. Hope you have enjoyed reading this post. Do not forget to Like and Subscribe.
Will be back with another interesting post.